Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 20: Merry Christmas!


Hey Everyone!!

Well life is good here in the mission! The comp is doing good still! He's super, super strange and dorky, but he's awesome!

Last week there were some big changes in the mission for P-day! On P-days since I got here we always were together as a zone but now they changed the rule so that we aren't together as a zone anymore at all. Which is nice because we have lots of time to buy groceries and rest or do whatever we want! But its also a bummer cuz I don't get to spend time with people that speak English, haha. So last P-day, now that we had a bunch of time, we went to a huge supermarket and I found PEANUT BUTTER! I was sooo excited and also I found DIET PEPSI and normal foods that I haven't seen in months it was great, haha. After that, Elder Galindo and I cleaned our apartment hardcore! Elder Ramirez was a slob and left everything dirty so we cleaned everything and it's nice to live in cleanliness again. 

On Wednesday we had a work visit! Our district leader Elder Tirado came to my area and we put in woooorkkkk. Contacted a ton of people and found some new investigators! Then we ordered pizza and listened to conference talks when we got back home—it was great. We always order pizza for work visits and its a great time.

Thursday was the opposite, haha I got super sick with a cold and was sneezing and sniffling and was super tired aaalll day. and to make it better, all of our appts fell through and basically nobody let us in! It was pretty frustrating. 

On Saturday we had a "Blitz". It's where everyone from the zone comes for a couple hours and takes a specific part of your area and contacts and knocks doors to find new people!! It was awesome and now we have a ton of appts this week!

As far as investigators goes, Luis, who I mentioned last week, is an investigator that other missionaries were teaching that now found out he belongs to our ward. His baptismal date got moved back till the 31st because he didn't feel like he had truly repented yet. I was disappointed that it got postponed, but I was also very happy that he cares enough and understands the covenant of baptism well enough to be sincere and truly repent!! He is the best! The other day he told us that he wished church was longer because 3 hours wasn't enough and he wants to learn more! 

Our investigator Vanessa has a baptismal date for the 14 of January! Buuutttt...she didn't come to church yesterday! She seems so interested and reads the Book of Mormon and is praying and is doing everything, except coming to church! Each week something comes up and she cant go. It's kinda frustrating!

A new investigator that we have that is really cool is Eric. Eric is an 18-year old that is sooooo smart and knows the Bible tooonsss! He has such good faith. He teaches a class at his Baptist church, but he has accepted to listen to us and said that he would pray and experiment and "examine" the Book of Mormon. He would be the best convert ever so I hope things will go well with him! 

Have a merry Christmas back in Utah and talk to y'all later!
-Elder Hale


Me and Tirado in our work visit, eating pizza and listening to great talks.

Killer Sunset

A picture of me and my large noggined comp, Elder Galindo!

My cute Christmas tree next to my seeds and globe of all the pals and their missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment