Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 45: Sickness, No Water, Busy and Miracles


Hey everyone!

The title of the email is 4 words I would use to describe the week. And I'll explain how:

So first of all, sickness. On Friday I got a little tickle in my throat and thought it was no bug deal till I woke up Saturday morning with the stuffiest nose and I was sneezing all over the place. Eyes were super runny and soooo tired.Haha, I think it was the worst cold I've ever had! On Sunday I had to give a 15 min talk in church too!!! I looked like a zombie giving a talk, haha. AND to make it even more stressful, a member of the Seventy came and made a surprise visit to our ward. But it all went good and I woke up this morning feeling a lot better. :)

No Water: Since Tuesday we haven't had water in our house and I've felt like I've been on an episode of survivor. We had to go to the ZL´s house twice this week to shave and shower. And we cant use our toilet. Its been rough...BUT this morning WATER CAME BACK and I finally took a hot shower for the first time in a week! #blessed

BUSY: This week has been crazy with baptismal interviews, work visits and getting documents and stuff ready for this couple that we are marrying! This week has honestly felt like 2 or 3 days. Time went by WAY too fast. 

Miracles: The couple that we are marrying, Juan and Andrea are SOOO AWESOME. I love them so much. I have a deep care for them and preoccupation for their spiritual well being. They are a young couple with 3 kids and are super dedicated to changing their lives and coming to Christ. They were willing to get married ad baptized as soon as they could. Juan doesn't have a job right now so they were getting discouraged thinking that there was no way to get enough money together to pay for their marriage. BUT we had a great lesson about faith and sacrifice and they were willing to arrange a pollada (an activity, selling chicken to neighbors and friends to raise money) the next day. We scrambled to get everything prepared and they made EXACTLY enough money that day to pay for their marriage. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT! It was a huge MIRCALE. :)

We also had the miracle of watching two of our investigators, Isaac and Cosme, make their first covenant with their Heavenly Father on Saturday. We had a really tender and spiritual baptismal service for them. 

Also, I just wanted to add a kind of weird but super spiritual experience I had yesterday at church: We were singing the closing hymn in sac meeting (I know that my Redeemer lives) and I noticed a super old lady in the ward sitting by herself and she was singing her heart out. She had a terrible voice, but it was so evident to see her devotion and her love for the Lord just by her character and appearance, I was filled with the Spirit in this moment and felt so much love and gratitude.

Welp....have a great week! READ THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERYDAY

—Elder Hale

Pic with the zone playing soccer last p-day.
BAPTISM!
With Isaac
With Cosme

No comments:

Post a Comment