Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 55: Opposition


Hey everyone

This week was crazy and busy! 

We've seen miracles and been through crazy trials. This week has helped me learn about the realness of the constant battle between good and evil that has been taking place since the war in heaven before we came here. In these past weeks when we have had record breaking success, we have also seen fist hand how hard Satan is working against us. 
This week, Angelica's ex-husband (who is almost homeless and an alcoholic) has been threatening, bugging, trash talking and everything bad to prevent her and her kids from coming to church and being baptized. But she was firm and determined, and she got baptized and confirmed this week, although her kids no....we thought to not have them baptized until everything calms down with the crazy guy. 

With Orlando (investigator that will be baptized this Saturday) the adversary has been bugging him with nightmares and seeing ghosts in his house this week. The adversary has also caused him to get in arguments with his fiancee and caused them to almost not get married (their marriage is on Friday).

With Vanessa and her family, they got crazily hit with a sickness on Saturday night, preventing them from going to church the next day....just A WEEK before their baptism....
and theres more!!! but I'm out of time... 

And for me, ALLL of these cares have been so much PROOF that this IS the TRUTH. Because if it wasn't true, then Satan wouldn't try so hard to knock us down and stop our investigators from progressing. It's so obvious to see the eternal importance of repentance and baptism because Satan works SO HARD against it. I recognize the important role that opposition plays in the plan of salvation and these weeks have really opened my eyes.

I am so happy for my mission experiences, I love helping people change and accept the gospel! And don't worry, even though Satan is working hard, we still have God on our side!!!! He has been performing miracles in our area! We set another baptism date this week and now have 10 baptismal dates! We had 12 investigators come to church and have 5 baptisms planned for this Saturday, we are praying that everything will go good. 

I love my calling and I love God and His work. I love you guys too, have a great week y'all.

-Elder Hale

Zombie with a shirt.
Angelica's baptism!
Just cuz I've been in Peru for a year doesn't mean that I'm not still the most
patriotic guy in the world! This was last night, grubbin on some instant mashed
potatoes and gravy, clothed with red, white and blue! USA!USA!USA!
My comp and I with our new shirts.
Flooded apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment