Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 88: Cool Week!

Hey everyone! 

We had some crazy stuff happening this week! We wanted to unite the zone/shake things up a bit so this week we did a blitz in every area in the zone! (A blitz is where the whole district goes to 1 area for 2 hours and contacts like crazy to get new investigators for that area). It was fun and we feel more of a teamwork spirit in the zone now. 

On Thursday, our 2nd counselor in the Bishopric came to us and told us that we were gonna go on the ward campout for the day with them. We looked at him like he was crazy cuz we thought President definitely wouldn't give us permission...but he called, and he said he'll make an exception for us! Woohoo! So we got to go out of Lima (for the first time!!) all of Friday to the ward campout. We played volley with the ward, chess, soccer, and went to the river! I was super stoked about the river cuz I heard there were trout in it but I was super bummed cuz I didn't have a rod!!! So close but so far, haha. But the best part is that non-members went on the campout and we taught them out there and got new investigators!! YEET! And I was just so stoked to see green cuz there is no such thing as green in Lima. 

Well.... another cool thing is that on Sunday I was walking into the church and a guy walked passed and looked in curiously and asked "Hey can I come in??" and I was like "are ya kiddin?? OF COURSE you can come in!!" and we sat him down in sac meeting and introduced him to the members and he went to my gospel principles class and had a good time! It was just a little sabbath miracle! We're gonna visit him tomorrow.

Well, other than that...all is well!! I love the mission!! Although the older I get in the mission the more tired I get all the time! Haha, walkin 5-10 miles a day will get ya. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Have a great week and sorry for the long email.

– Elder Hale 

Yangas (The ward campout!)

Yangas (The ward campout!)

Yangas (The ward campout!)

Yangas (The ward campout!)

I FOUND A RIVER AND I HEARD THERE'S TROUT IN IT!

Unfortunately, I didn't have a fishing rod.

River selfie with Elder Kunz.

And the cherry on top pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment