Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 22: Technology is Hard!


Hey Everyone!! 

The other week after our Christmas party my backpack got stolen (which had my sunflower seeds :( and SD card adaptor thingy) so I couldn't send pictures last week. I bought new one but it was a fake and so I finally bought a new one this morning and can send pics again! I am still terrible with electronics. My comp always has to help me send pics and stuff, hahah. 

But anyway, we had a good busy week! We've had a lot more lessons this week and have more people to teach—usually like 3-5 a day! On Friday we had a work visit but this time I went to the other area with Elder Rhea. He is getting trained right now so he doesn't know much Spanish and I was a little nervous because I am relatively new too! But we had a great day actually and broke all of our daily goals and found 10 new investigators! We were pretty happy and bought ourselves 2 pizzas and listened to some nice conference talks that night. 

On Saturday we had the Baptism for Luis!! Luis is the best and his baptism was awesome. I am so excited for him and happy that I get to teach him and watch him grow closer to our Savior and see him change. He even started crying when he bore his testimony after the baptism! One of our investigators surprisingly came to his baptism too and she cried also! It was a very spiritual ceremony. She is excited for baptism and I think she will be ready for the end of January. Her name is Edith she is really cool.

One thing that could be going better would be my companionship...compy is starting to get really lazy because this is his last 2 months and he is really sad and discouraged because our area is pretty tough. I'm starting to have to drag him along now and his bad attitude isn't super fun to be around. But just like my last companion, ya gotta look at it as an opportunity to learn and adapt and to try to see people the way that Christ would see them, which is tough sometimes. It is also easy sometimes, being a junior companion, to let blame fall on the senior companion or lacking to take initiative or responsibility because it's "not your job" to do so. That has been something that I've been working on lately and still have lots of room for improvement.

Well, I love you guys and the Church is true! Read the Book of Mormon and pray often. See ya!

-Elder Hale

Fireworks right out of my window!
My weird comp just loves to pet every cat and dog he sees in the streets, haha!
Me grubbin on some delicious steak type thing that tasted like turkey jerky!
Our district after hauling bags of sand up a mountain!
(comp forgot to put on his nametag)
View from Elder Rheas area.
Us eating pizza on on the work visit (like always) 
and Elder Rhea is holding some plastic spoons that we 
found earlier that day we found with a weird brand name, lol! 
Luis´s Baptism on Saturday!!!! 
A returned missionary in our ward bought us a pizza for New Years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment