Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 52: One Year!


Hey Everyone!!!!! 

Wow! What a week. 

Life is gooood here in Bayovar! We had a great week, probably the most successful week we've had this transfer!! We have a bunnnncchhhhh of potentials and it's honestly been hard to make time for everybody and plan all of the things we need to do. This week we organized ourselves a little bit and were able to set 2 more baptismal dates! Right now we have 5 and they are all for the 12th of August. We are praying that everything will go well with them! Keep Jocelyn, Orlando, André, Angelica, and Felina in your prayers pls:)

This week we had what might have been the best lesson I've ever been in! We found a new family this week that was a reference from a member (their relative) that lives in the other side of the country but was visiting for the week. She introduced us to the family and shared her testimony to them during the lesson and it was so powerful and clear. The family came to church the next day and loved it! ALSOOO...they are already married! (which is suuperrr rare here). Tomorrow we will invite them to be baptized.

These past 2 weeks I've learned through experience, a little more about faith. The first few Sundays of this transfer were really hard, we worked so hard to help investigators come to church but they didn't come. It made it hard to believe and hope for success the following Sundays. But in personal study I remembered the passage in Mark when Jesus says to the father with the sick son:

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to he that believeth."
and the father responded:
"Lord I believe, help Thou my unbelief." 

In this situation I felt like the father that believed but still didn't have perfect faith and trust. I still doubted a little. But I wanted to have sufficient faith to be able to receive the blessing/miracle of having our investigators really come. I prayed for more faith and for trust in the Lord's power and promises and....we were blessed!!!! Last week we had 7 investigators come to church and yesterday we had 9 come!!! I am grateful that God was able to help me increase my faith and trust in Him.

I am SOOOOO grateful for my mission and all the blessings it's brought to my life, including the blessing of preaching the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ! I can't believe its already half way over....its bittersweet! 

Well, have a great week y'all.

-Elder Hale

Selfie with the comp right before I cut my hair last week.
Living the bald guy life.
They had to close the church so we ate our pizza outside on the street.
Hope you folks enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment