Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 39: A Great Birthday :)


Hey Everyone!!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!! It was a great b-day. We ordered pizza Saturday night and my ward mission leader bought me a cake!! And the member in whose house we live says that she's making a blueberry pie for me today so I'm SUPER stoked for that. 

We really have had a great week! It's been a busy, week and I'm tired, haha. It's also cold and cloudy now and I don't like it. It rained on Saturday night which caused lots of problems for our investigators to get to church the next morning (people freak out when it rains here because it basically never happens). 

We were able to set a baptismal date with a SUPER awesome couple we are teaching! Their names are Jaime and Marisol, they used to be super active members of an Evangelic church but they realized that it wasn't true so they haven't been going to any church for a few years and when I contacted them a few weeks ago, they were super excited and interested to learn more! They accepted the baptismal invitation and are even already talking about getting sealed in the temple! Haha, they call us their Spiritual Parents!! Haha, which is a little weird but they are super awesome. Definitely a little miracle that Heavenly Father has provided for us! 

D&C 33:2-3 says "...I say unto you that ye are called to lift up your voices as with the sound of a trump, to declare my gospel unto a crooked and perverse generation. For behold the field is white and ready to harvest; and it is the eleventh hour, and the last time that I shall call laborers into my vineyard." 

I have definitely been able to see the reality of this scripture. There are tons of things down here (and all over the world) that are accepted and encouraged by society but are very contrary to God's commandments. Most people will reject us and not believe but God is preparing His children to accept the Gospel in the middle of all this adversity and iniquity. Jaime and Marisol are a great example of this scripture to me and I'm super grateful that I'm called to be one of Gods "laborers in the eleventh hour." I LOVE being a missionary and I know this is Jesus Christ's Church!! Have a great week everyone!
-Elder Hale

One of my best pals, Diego!! Such a cute little rascal.
Thanks PJ for sending me the most delicious item for 7-11, I miss these things.
Enjoying my B-day pizza!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment